NATHA JOTHI SRI MUTHUSWAMI DIKSHIDAR
NATHA JOTHI SRI MUTHUSWAMI DIKSHIDAR MEMORIAL COMMITTEE
238th Jayanthi Celebration of Sri Dikshidar will be celebrated on 26th & 27th March, 2012 at Ettayapuram.
Sri Muthuswami Dikshidar, popularly known as Dikshidar, is one of the Trumvirates of Carnatic Music, the other two being Sri Thyagaraja and Sri Sama Sastrigal. His innumerable Kirtis in Sanskrit and Telegu, along with those of Sri Thyagaraja and Sri Sama Sastrigal, have given to Carnatic music richness and a depth unknown to any other system of music. Dikshidar was born in Thiruvarur and his whole life was spent in piligrimages to various sacred places in the country. He was a saint composer, his compositions being the ecstatic outpourings of a soul brimming over with devotion to GOD. Many are the miracles that are reported to have occurred in his life.
Dikshidar's Kirtis are noted for their sweet diction and choice phraseology. Raga Bhava is his forte.The various ragas known Carnatc music, some of them of the rare variety shrine through his compositions in their pristine purity. He has given to Carnatic Music a repertoire of soul-stirring songs, which have immortalized his name.
Dikshidar's younger brother Balusamy Dikshidar was a good Musician and was the Asthana Vidhwan in the court of the Samindar of Ettayapuram. Dikshidar who was on a vist to his younger brother was persuaded to stay on there by the Zamindar of Ettayapuram. He passed away there at the age of fiftynine. He breathed his last as he was teaching a Kriti to his disciples.
The Dikshidar Samadhi at Ettaiyapuram, which was in a state of neglect till 1973, has been made into a Memorial. Since 1974 Sri Dikshidar Jayanthi is being celebrated regularly every year with the Committee's funds only.
There are now 565 life Members (Rs. 500/-) and 111 Patrots (Rs. 1000/-) in the Committee and these amounts are converted into Fixed Deposits.
Interest out of these deposits is being credited for monthly maintenance of the Memorial including daily pooja for the idols of Sri Dikshidar, Lord Murugan, Meenakshi Ambal and Lord Ganesa installed in the Memorial.
In view of the low Bank interest, we are forced to seek donation from the admirers of the Dikshidar so that the future maintenance of the Memorial with daily poojas will continue smoothly. Donations are exempt under section 80G of IT Act.
Donation can be sent by Cheque/Draft drawn in the name of Natha Jyothi Sri Muthuswamy Dikshidar Memorial Committee and sent to the following address:
Secretary & Treasurer
Natha Jyoti Sri Muthuswamy Dikshidar Memorial Committee
315, Narayana Nagar, Sankarnagar P.O. 627357
EMINENT PERSONALITIES WHO VISITED THE MEMORIAL
14. Sri R Yegnaraman, Secretary, Krishna Gana Sabha
15. Secretary, Triplicane Pathasarathy Sabha
16. Sri B Rajam Iyer, Principal, Music College
17. Music Critic Srivatsa, Chennai
18. Sri M A Sudaresan, Chennai
19. Kalyanapuram Sri R Kalyanaraman
20. Sujatha Srinivasan, Bharathanatyam Artist
21. Violin G J R Krishnan & Sujatha
22. Sri A Ramji, General Manager (Retd.) Southern Railway
23. Thirupanthuruthi V Venkatesan, Chennai
24. Sri R Shunmughasigamani, IAS (Retd.)
25. Sri T T Vasu, Chennai
26. Dr. B Puspa, Head, Dept of Music, Kerala University, Trivandrum
1. H.E. Fathima Beevi, Governor of Tamil Nadu
2. Dr. Semmangudi R. Srinivasa Iyer
3. Smt. M L Vasanthkumari
4. Dr. S Balachandar
5. Lalgudi Sri G. Jayaraman
6. Dr. K J Yesudoss
7. Sri Kunnakudi R Vidhyanathan
8. Sri Alathur Brothers
9. Bombay Sisters Smt. C Saroja, C Lalitha
10. Sri R Ganesan, IRS Commissioner of Income Tax (Retd.)
11. Prof. A Srinivasaraghavan
12. Sri K Rajaraman, IDA, Collector, Thootukudi
13. Sri R Krishnaswamy Secretary, Krishna Gana Sabha